How do I get the Edimax nano USB Wireless adapter to work on PCLinuxOS?
I have a model EW-7811Un Edimax wireless 802.11b/g/n nano USB wireless adapter. It doesn't work when I stick it in. The Linux driver won't compile.Gain root privileges (e.g., su)
- Copy the Linux Driver off the CD that comes with the device. Make sure there are no characters that require quoting in the shell in the path (e.g., rename the folder Linux Driver to LinuxDriver).
- You will find a file called "RTL8192C_usb_quick_installation_guide.ppt" down in the Documents directory. Open it.
- In the driver directory, extract the archive: rtl8192CU_linux_v2.0.939.20100726.tar.gz
- after that in the rtl8192CU_linux_v2.0.939.20100726/os_dep directory under there, find osdep_service.c.
- edit osdep_service.c and go to about line 291 and change the line
- in the rtl8192CU_linux_v2.0.939.20100726 directory, make the script called "clean" executable:
chmod +x clean
- follow the directions in the .ppt file you found in step 2 up through and including the insmod.
to remove the module
Back in the directory where you entered make and ./clean, enter:
Test again with:
If all's OK, reboot if you want to make sure things load as they should.
Add a Comment
NOTE: Comments are moderated and will not show until approved.