How do I scan via Linux from my Epson Workforce 845 over my network?
- Install Linux Standards Base (LSB) if it isn't already. Use your distribution's package manager to find the lsb package and install it.
- Install the multifunction driver via the RPM package from AVASYS (http://avasys.jp)
- Install Image Scan! for Linux via the RPM packages from AVASYS.
- Edit the epkowa.conf file (e.g., /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf) and add a "net" command line with the ip address of the scanner. The epkowa.conf file is well commented and you will see where. An example of the line: net 192.168.1.247
- Open GIMP (or other package) and enjoy scanning your wondrous creations!
Scroll down the page for model-specific sections with links to different package file.
Here is the link to the page through which I got Image Scan!:
For Image Scan! I fetched and installed the rpm for:
NOTE: I am running PCLinuxOS 2011 and the 2010 RPM package works just fine.
Add a Comment
NOTE: Comments are moderated and will not show until approved.